Checkouts and Due Dates
- Borrow books, Playaways, and CDs for 3 weeks and DVDs for 1 week.
- There's a Limitless Libraries sticker on every item delivered to schools. Check that sticker to see the date to return the item to your school library or any Nashville Public Library location.
- Want to keep an item longer? It happens automatically! Items checked out from Limitless Libraries will autorenew up to three times unless someone else has placed a hold on the title.
Late or Lost Items
- Limitless Libraries does not charge overdue fines for late items.
- Items kept 31 days past the due date are assumed lost so a replacement fee based on the individual cost of the item(s) is added to the account. If there are two or more lost items, the account remains un-useable until the items are replaced with a new copy, paid for, returned, or addressed with the school librarian.
All classroom teachers at participating MNPS schools automatically have Limitless Libraries accounts.
- Use your employee ID number as your account number. If it's your first time logging in, you'll need to click the "Reset My PIN" link and follow the steps listed there to select a four to six digit PIN of your choice.
- Limitless Libraries delivers almost anything to schools, except R-rated movies.
- Educators can borrow up to 100 items at a time, most for 6 weeks, and place holds on up to 25 items.
- Having trouble logging in? Talk to the school librarian to get set up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Limitless Libraries is an amazing program that allows MNPS students and educators to have items from Nashville Public Library delivered directly to a school for pickup. Limitless Libraries also orders new materials for school libraries.
If you are a student at a traditional MNPS school, you are automatically signed up!
Students, use your 190 number to request that materials be delivered to your school library. You can also check stuff out at any of the 21 Nashville Public Library locations. You might have a school ID card with your 190 number on it, or your school librarian might give you a card to help you remember. Treat those cards like library cards!
Educators, use your employee ID number as your account number. If it's your first time logging in, you'll need to click the "Reset My PIN" link and follow the steps listed there to select a four to six digit PIN of your choice.
The fastest thing to do is to talk to your school librarian. They can verify your information with Nashville Public Library to make sure you get logged in soon.
- Go to limitlesslibraries.org and click on “My Account” at the top of the page.
- Sign in to your account using your ID number and PIN. Ask your school librarian about your PIN if you don’t already know it.
- Look around for the materials that you want and then click “Place Hold.” Make sure your school is selected for the pick-up location, and Limitless Libraries will send the items that you want to your school.
Pro tip: Pay attention to whether or not there are holds on the items that you are requesting. If there aren’t any holds, we’ll get things to you as fast as we can. If there are holds, though, you’ll have to wait in line for the item and it might take a while. If there are holds on something that you need right away, check your school library’s shelves to see if you can just grab it there.
Elementary school students can only request materials from Nashville Public Library’s Juvenile collection.
Middle or High school students can request (almost) anything: books, movies, CDs, Playaways, and more. We will not send any R-rated movies to schools!
Borrow up to 100 items at a time. 10 of those items can be DVDs.
5th grade and above can place up to 25 items on hold.
Below 5th grade can place up to 5 items on hold.
Items will be delivered to your school library. Check with your school librarian if you are waiting for something!
If the items are available, it usually takes about a week. If there are holds, it is going to take longer. The more holds, the longer it will take.
If you need something immediately, check your school library shelves.
Parents or guardians must fill out the Revocation of Delivery Form (pdf). Give that completed form to your school librarian.
It’s true! But please return borrowed items on time so other students can use them!
We love hearing suggestions!
To make a purchase suggestion, fill out the purchase suggestion form.
- We'll take a look and then send you an email to let you know what we decide. We can't buy everything that gets suggested, but we'll try our best!
- Make sure you use the purchase suggestion form to request purchases. There's another suggestion form on the NPL website, but it doesn't work for Limitless Libraries students or teachers.
You can also request items the library doesn’t currently own through Interlibrary Loan.
- Log in to Interlibrary Loan, then fill out the request form. We’ll see if we can borrow a copy for you from another library system.
- There are some extra rules and restrictions with this service, so be sure to read the guidelines and how the process works on the Interlibrary Loan page before submitting a request.