Unless you are inside a library, you must use the Access button from this page to get an access code and read for free.
Free access does not include Cooking, Crossword, or Games sections.
Free Access Outside an NPL Branch
- Visit the library's NYT Online page (the page you're on right now).
- Click the Access button.
- You'll be redirected to a page with an access code already filled in. Click Redeem.
- Log in to your nytimes.com account (or create an account if you don't already have one).
- You'll see a confirmation message and be given access to The New York Times for 24 hours.
- Repeat the above steps any day you'd like free access to The New York Times.
Free Access Inside an NPL Branch
- Visit nytimes.com.
- Your in-library IP address will be automatically recognized to allow you free access to The New York Times.
Using The New York Times App
- Follow instructions for use outside a library.
- After you redeem your code on a webpage, you can log in to the app with your nytimes.com account to get free 24-hour access on the app.